This is a collection of all of the handouts I’ve created for the class CIS2910 for Fall 2011.
Please download a copy of whatever you need as my connection is roughly 99% reliable.
The majority of the class has received these via e-mail, but there are a few exceptions.
If there is a solution / explanation / detail that you want posted / discussed in the lab / discussed during office hours, please send me an e-mail or post a comment below.
My office hours are Thursdays 1pm in the TA Advising Space found on the second floor of the Reynolds building.
- Assignment 1 Marking Key
- Lab 3 — n! > n2 — Solution: Proof by Mathematical Induction
- Lab 4 — Algorithm analysis — Solution: Summation example where the counter is reciprocated (1/i)
- Lab 5 — Question: Proof by Strong Mathematical Induction
- Lab 5 — Solution: Proof by Strong Mathematical Induction
- Includes Assignment 3 Discussion for Growth of Algorithms
- This PDF contains this link to a Google Document — it has an example spreadsheet to find nlgn.
- Updated 20111020: Fixed theorem — now states LHS in full; fixed inductive hypothesis — now states both RHS and LHS.
- Lab 6 — Homogeneous Recurrences and Counting
- Python sources to test some of the recurrences (includes the ternary recurrence and solution).
- Lab 6 — Combinatorics Intro Solutions
- Lab 9 & 10 — Solutions: Bayes’ Theorem and Graph Theory
Students that report errors in the above receive sparkly stickers